2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1.5kg pumpkin cut into 2cm pieces
1 litre chicken stock
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup cream or sour cream to serve (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
2. Add diced pumpkin, cook, stirring, until pumpkin begins to soften and colour slightly. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add chicken stock and cook on HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 3-4 hours. Cool before pureeing.
4. Blend or process cooled soup until smooth. Reheat in slow cooker for about 1 on high, or until hot.
5. Serve with cream and extra ground black pepper.