Lactose and Gluten Free
6 eggs, separated
2 tbsp honey
1 pumpkin, boiled 7 mashed
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 cup almond meal
2 cups gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup soft icing sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180deg. In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks and honey. Add the pumpkin, zest and juice. Combine well.
2. Sift together the almond meal, flour and baking soda then fold into the mix.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold through the cake mixture.
4. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm spring form cake tine and place in the oven for just under an hour, or until a skewer runs clean when pulled out.
5. Let the cake set for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack.
6. To make a simple icing, as water bit by bit to the icing sugar and combine well. This ensures it doesn’t become too runny too quickly. Drizzle over pumpkin cake and let it set.