340g packet golden butter cake mix
3/4 cup milk
60g butter, softened
2 cups desiccated coconut
3 cups icing sugar mixture
1/2 cup milk
pink food colouring
1 teaspoon strawberry essence
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 27cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
2. Prepare cake mix following packet directions, using eggs, milk and butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand for 2 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Trim cake edges. Cut cake into 32 pieces.
4. Make icing: Sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Add butter and milk. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir icing until smooth. Tint pink with food colouring. Stir in essence.
5. Using a fork, dip 1 piece of cake in icing to coat. Toss in coconut to coat. Place lamington on a wire rack over a tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut. Stand at room temperature for 2 hours or until set. Serve.