1 cup self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3 tablespoons sugar (3 x 20ml spoons)
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons melted butter
1 tablespoon butter extra (greasing)
1. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
2. Add sugar and stir with wooden spoon.
3. Beat egg and milk together in a small bowl using a fork until mixed.
4. Stir into dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
5. Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a small saucepan on a gentle heat.
6. Stir into batter mixture. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
7. Lightly grease and heat frypan over a medium heat.
8. Place spoonfuls of batter onto heated pan.
9. Cook until bubbles stop breaking and turn gently using spatula.
10. Cook second side until a light brown colour. Remove from pan and place in a container.