Photo by Julie O’Malley
Nut Bars (Thermomix)
1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups 60% or higher chocolate blitzed in thermomix.
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place cashews in bowl, and grind at speed 9 until a fine powder.
- Add dates, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour and vanilla. Use :: until it comes together in a sticky, gooey mess.
- Press into a 20cm square tin that has been lined with paper.
- Place in fridge several hours until firm.
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil, speed 1, 50 degrees until melted together.
- Pour over the base and refrigerate.
- Sit knife blade in hot water to slice bars easier.
Make your own Almond Butter :
(Will make a bit more than needed in the recipe.)
- Place the 200g raw almonds in the TM bowl and grind 1 min/speed 7.
- Scrape down bowl and repeat a few times, allowing 30 secs between grinds until desired smoothness.