2kg chicken pieces, skin and fat removed
1/3 cup plain flour
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chicken stock
415g can apricot halves in natural juice
Cous cous, to serve
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Lightly coat the chicken in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper; shake off excess.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook chicken in batches, until browned all over. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Using the same pan, add the onions and cook, stirring, until slightly softened. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon and cook until fragrant. Add the stock and the juice from the apricots.
4. Pour the onion and spice mixture over the chicken and top with apricot halves.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.
6. Season to taste, serve chicken with cous cous.