2 Tablespoons gelatine
1/2 cup water
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Combine the first measure of water and the gelatine; leave to swell for 10 minutes.
2. Place sugar and the second measure of water in a large saucepan. Heat gently,stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
3. Dissolve gelatine over hot water. Pour gelatine into sugar mixture and bring to the boil. Boil steadily for 15 minutes; allow to cool until lukewarm.
4. Beat until very thick and white. Add vanilla and 2 to 3 drops of food colouring.
5. Pour into a large wet tin. Chilli until set.
6. Turn out and cut into squares. Roll in coconut or Gluten free icing sugar. Keep chilled.
Recipe Submitted by Kelly McCoy