Mars Bar Cheesecake
250g plain chocolate biscuits
150g butter, melted, plus 20g butter extra
300ml thickened cream
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
50g milk chocolate, finely chopped
3 teaspoons gelatine
1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water
2 x 250g packets cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
3 x 60g Mars bars, finely chopped
1. Process biscuits in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add melted butter and process until combined.
2. Press biscuit mixture firmly over base and side of a round (20cm) springform cake pan. Chill for 30 minutes, until firm.
3. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons cream, brown sugar and extra butter in a small saucepan. Stir on low heat for 3-4 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
4. In a separate small saucepan, melt chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream on low heat, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
5. Dissolve gelatine by whisking into water with a fork until dissolved. Cool slightly. Set aside.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and caster sugar together in a bowl until smooth. In another bowl, whisk remaining cream until soft peaks form.
7. Stir gelatine mixture into cheese mixture with Mars bars. Fold in cream.
8. Pour half of cheese mixture into prepared pan and drizzle with half of caramel and chocolate sauces. Pull a skewer backwards and forwards through mixture several times to create a marbled effect. Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces. Cover and chill for 3 hours, until set. Slice to serve.