Linguine with Chicken, Zucchini Broccolini in White Wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 chicken breasts, on the bone, skin on
250ml (1 cup) white wine
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 zucchini, sliced
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
40g (1/2 cup) finely grated pecorino
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan. Cook the chicken breasts, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes over high heat, Turn over, cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and allow to sizzle for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and reserve 1/2 cup of the stock.
2. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, finely slice or shred the meat and skin.
3. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until firm but tender to the bite. Drain, return to the pan.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and broccolini and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the reserved stock to the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Stir through the chicken and half the pecorino, then stir through the pasta to combine. Serve with the remaining pecorino.