Lemon and Lime Delicious Pudding
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2/ 3 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tablespoons grated lime rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime Juice
4 x 60g egg yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
4 x 60g egg whites
Sifted icing sugar, for serving
Thickened cream, for serving
1. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in flour, lemon rind, lime rind, lemon juice and lime juice.
2. Combine egg yolks and milk, whisk into butter mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold into batter.
3. Pour batter into lightly-greased pudding bowl. Ensure the pudding bowl is a suitable size and type to fit the removable crockery bowl. Cover with aluminium foil and secure with kitchen string.
4. Place 1-2 cups water into the removable crockery bowl. Add prepared pudding bowl. Cover with lid and cook on Low 5-6 hours. Check water level throughout the steaming process.
5. Spoon pudding onto serving plates, dust with icing sugar and a swirl of cream. Pudding can be served hot or cold.
Note: A 2.5 litre heatproof pudding bowl suitable to fit the shape of the removable crockery bowl is required for this recipe.