Lamington Cheesecake Slice
18 lamington fingers
1/4 cup moist shredded coconut
240g block white eating chocolate, chopped
300ml tub thickened cream
1 teaspoon gelatine
2 teaspoons cold water
250g tub mascarpone cheese
125g packet cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g block dark eating chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup thickened cream
1. Grease a 17cm x 27cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper extending paper 2cm up sides of pan.
2. Lay lamington fingers, side-by-side, so that they over base of prepared pan.
3. To Make Filling: Place chocolate and 1/2 cup of the cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until chocolate is melted. Remove bowl from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in same pan of simmering water, stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove and stir into warm chocolate.
4. Beat mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. With motor operating, beat in chocolate mixture until combined. Beat remaining cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into cheese mixture.
5. Pour filling over lamington fingers. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
6. To Make Topping: Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water, stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
7. Lift slice from pan, pour over topping and spread to cover. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until set.
8. Serve cut into squares.