Lamb Korma Curry
2kg leg of lamb, boned and trimmed
2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
2 tablespoons oil
4 onions, peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons salt
4-5 curry leaves
1-1 1/2 litres water
Fresh coriander sprigs, for serving
1. Cut lamb into 2.5cm cubes.
2. Heat ghee and oil in a large frypan; add lamb in batches and brown well.
3. Place cooked lamb into removable crockery bowl.
4. Add onion to frypan and cook until golden brown, stir in garlic and ginger, cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove frypan from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over lamb in removable crockery bowl. Stir well.
6. Cover with lid and cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 4 hours or until cooked.
Serve hot garnished with sprigs of coriander, with freshly steamed rice and pappadums.