1/2 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons Dutch cocoa (sifted)
100gm butter, melted
2 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp boiling water
1/2 tsp Bicarb soda
125gm dark or mild chocolate buttons
2 tsp brown sugar
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
2. Melt butter and golden syrup in a medium bowl in microwave. Set aside.
3. Dissolve bicarb in water and add to butter mixture. It will bubble up and go all frothy.
4. Pour the liquid mix over the dry ingredients and mix till everything is well covered and sticky.
5. Roll about 3/4 tsp of the mix in hands into small balls and place on baking tray leaving room to spread. (I put about 20 on a tray but use your own judgement here)
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes (fan forced 150, electric / gas 170) remove from oven and leave on trays for at least 10 minutes then carefully put on cooling rack. (they are soft when they first come out so be careful to let them cool for the 10 minutes or they will break)
Make The Ganache:
Gently bring the cream to the boil. Take off heat and add sugar and choc. Stir really well till combined. Let cool so it thickens and then use.
Sandwich two biscuits together and set on rack to set the ganache before storing in airtight container. These biscuits are very crunchy.