1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarb
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (2 large ripe)
3/4 cup undrained crushed pineapple
100g cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 180c (160c fan forced).
2. Lightly grease or line 20cm square cake tin.
3. Sift flours, cinnamon and bicarb into a bowl, stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
4. Stir together eggs, oil, banana and pineapple. Pour into the well and stir until just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Leave in tin for 10 mins before turning out and cooling on wire rack.
8. Beat cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cake when completely cooled.