Goulash with Pasta Shells
Makes 4-6 portions
1 dessertspoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
Half tbsp plain flour
Pinch mixed spice
Half tsp paprika
225g lean braising steak, diced small
300ml passata (a thick tomato sauce with a rough texture, sometimes flavoured with herbs)
50g conchigliette or other small pasta shapes
1. Heat the oil in a thick-based small casserole.
2. Gently fry the onion until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile place the flour and spices in small plastic bag and shake to mix.
4. Tip the meat in the bag and coat with the spiced flour.
5. Add to the casserole, and pour over the passata.
6. Stir and cover. Heat gently, stirring occasionally for one hour, or until the meat is tender.
7. When nearly cooked, boil the pasta until just tender.
8. Mix with the goulash.
9. Process to a suitable texture for your baby.