Garlic King Prawn Kebabs
16 large green king prawns
8 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup dry white wine
4 plump cloves garlic, crushed
Chives or fresh tarragon leaves for garnish
1. Shell and devein the prawns. Leave tail fan and last segment of shell on.
2. Mix olive oil, wine and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir well.
3. Place prawns in bowl, stir until all are coated, then cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile soak bamboo skewers in water to prevent burning while cooking.
4. Thread prawns attractively onto the pre-soaked bamboo skewers, dividing them evenly.
5. Preheat a grill to high or prepare a hot barbecue.
6. Place prawns on a foil-covered grill rack, in a grill pan, about 7cm below the grill, brush with marinade and grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until pink, turning once and brushing with marinade. Alternatively, barbecue on a hot-plate, for 2 to 3 minutes, until pink, brushing with marinade during cooking. Serve kebabs sprinkled with snipped chives or fresh tarragon leaves.