2 large diced potatoes
250g diced steak or lean minced beef
2 diced onions
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 diced carrots
2 tablespoons peas
3 tablespoons water
1 beef stock cube
3 thick sheets ready made pastry
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon milk
1. Combine the meat, vegetables, water and stock in a large saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. Drain.
5. Preheat the oven to 250C.
6. Cut each pastry sheet in half.
7. Mix the egg yolk and milk together and brush the edges.
8. Spoon 1/6 of the meat and vegetables into the centre of the pastry pieces.
9. Fold to form a triangle and press the edges together into a frill.
10. Place on a greased tray and glaze with the egg and milk mix. Bake for 1/2 hour until golden brown.
This recipe can be prepared ahead and your uncooked pasties can be frozen for up to 3 months.