Makes about 30 squares
3 cups icing sugar
2 2/3 cups desiccated coconut
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
125g copha, melted
few drops pink food colouring
1. Sift sugar into a bowl. Stir in coconut.
2. In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into icing sugar mixture with vanilla. Pour copha into mixture, mixing well.
3. Place half the mixture into a separate bowl. Mix in a few drops of colouring.
4. Press coloured mixture into a foil-lined 20cm square cake tin. Spread the top with a knife until smooth.
5. Top with remaining mixture, smoothing top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares.