Citrus Mascarpone Flan (Thermomix)
120g plain flour
40g SR flour
20g shredded coconut
100g unsalted butter cubed and chilled
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
60g caster sugar
Zest and juice 2 large limes
Zest and juice 1 lemon
200g caster sugar
200g mascarpone cheese
1. Butter a 30cm flan tin with removable base and set aside.
2. Place flours, coconut and butter into TM bowl and mix for 6 seconds on speed 6.
3. Add vanilla, egg and sugar and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
4. Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 10-15 seconds on Interval speed.
5. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
6. Roll out thinly between layers of floured baking paper. Gently line the flan tin, prick base with a fork and freeze for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cool completely.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 160ºC.
10. To make filling place zests and sugar into clean TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9.
11. Add cheese and whisk for 10 seconds on speed 4.
12. Reduce blades to speed 3 and add the juices through the hole in lid and eggs, 1 at a time until blended for around 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 4.
13. Pour into cooled pastry base and bake for 30-40 minutes until just set in centre.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.