Chocolate Self-Saucing Puddings
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
30g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
160g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
160ml (2/3 cup) milk
75g unsalted butter, melted
Ice-cream, to serve
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
180ml (3/4 cup) hot milk
1. Preheat oven to 180Â°C (conventional). Lightly grease four 375m1(1 1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes with butter.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa together into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Pour into the greased dishes.
4. To make the sauce, combine the sugar and cocoa and sift evenly over the top of the puddings. Combine the hot milk and 180ml (3/4 cup) water and slowly pour a quarter of the mixture onto each pudding over the back of a spoon.
5. Bake the puddings in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are firm. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Dust with extra cocoa and serve with ice-cream.