Chocolate Gingerbread People
125 g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup golden syrup
2 3/4 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons Cadbury Bournville Cocoa
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a bowl. Pour the butter mixture and the beaten egg into the flour. Mix well.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface. Roll out to 5 mm thick. Cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters.
4. Place on a greased or lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with melted chocolate, icing and lollies.