Chocolate Croissant Puddings
2 frozen croissants, thawed
1/2 x 200g block dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
Strawberries, to decorate
Hot Chocolate Sauce:
200g block dark cooking chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup cream
1. Grease 6 ovenproof dishes (3/4 cup capacity). Place on an oven tray.
2. Cut croissants into thirds. Place 1 slice in each dish. Top with chocolate.
3. Whisk eggs, milk and sugar in a bowl. Pour into dishes. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Cook in a moderate oven (180’c) for 30 minutes, or until puddings are just set and golden brown.
5. To make sauce, place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined.
6. Serve with hot chocolate sauce and strawberries.