340g/12oz dark chocolate
255g/9oz unsalted butter
3 medium eggs
255g/9oz dark muscovado sugar
110g/4oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
55g/2oz raspberries, unsalted pistachios, hazelnuts or white chocolate pieces
1.Preheat the oven to 170C and butter a 23cm/9in cake tin.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a bowl, over a pan of hot water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
4. Whisk the eggs and slowly add the sugar. Beat in the chocolate mixture and gently fold in the flour.
5. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes until the surface is set but a skewer comes out with a little of the mixture clinging to it.
6. Remove and cool slightly before placing on a wire rack to cool.
7. Cut into pieces and keep in a tin or in the fridge.
1.Follow the recipe until stage 4.
2. After you have folded in the flour, add your chosen ingredient.
3. Proceed as per the base recipe.