Cheesy Bread Dip
1 Cobb loaf bread
6-8 rashes bacon – cooked and diced
500 g sour light cream
Pepper and salt
8 spring onions – chopped
1 onion – finely chopped
250 g grated Coon cheese (any tasty cheese will suffice)
250 g grated Mozzarella cheese
* Cut off top of cob loaf, remove bread from inside cob loaf, so as cob loaf is hollow, being careful not to break outer crust. (Do not discard any bread, as this will be used to dip into mixture later.)
* Mix all ingredients together, then fill hollow cob loaf with mixture.
* Place on tray in oven (approx 180*) for 30 – 40 minutes.
* Break bread and top which has been cut off the loaf into 2-3 cm pieces.
* 10 minutes prior to cheese dip being ready to remove from oven place pieces of bread on oven tray to brown and crisper.
* Crispy bread can now be dipped into tasty cheesy mixture and enjoyed by your guests.