125 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
1 cup plain flour
* Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
* Line a baking tray with grease proof baking paper.
* In a glass or ceramic bowl, cream the butter, mix in the cheese, followed by the salt, pepper and flour.
* Form dough into small balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
* Flatten each one lightly on the top with a fork.
* Bake in oven for 10 – 15 minutes until lightly golden.
These should be made small in size as they are wonderful served with soup or on their own as a snack.