Char-Grilled Capsicum and Gnocchi Soup
4 red capsicum, quartered
2 yellow capsicum, quartered
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1kg chicken tenderloins, diced
2 onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1/4 cup tomato paste
8 cups chicken stock
500g pre-packaged gnocchi
Sour cream, for serving
Chopped parsley, for serving
1. Place capsicum quarters, skin-side up under a hot grill until the skins blister. When cool peel away the skin and discard. Process capsicum flesh and water in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add chicken pieces and cook over a medium heat until golden browned. Place chicken into the removable crockery bowl.
3. Add onion to the non-stick pan, cook over a medium heat until soft. Stir in garlic, paprika, caraway seeds, pepper and tomato paste, cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum mixture and stir until heated through.
4. Pour combined mixture and stock over chicken in the removable crockery bowl. Cover with lid and cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4 hours.
5. Stir gnocchi into the soup 15-20 minutes before end of cooking. Replace the lid and continue cooking until gnocchi has risen to the top of the soup.
6. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top each serve with sour cream and parsley if desired.