3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate slightly thawed
1/4 cup dry skim milk powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup oatmeal (oats)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy; stir in orange juice concentrate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the next 6 dry ingredients and stir to mix. Add to creamed mixture and stir until well mixed.
4. Add oats, raisins and nuts; mix well.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets, leaving plenty of space for spreading during cooking; flatten to 3 1/2″ rounds with the bottom of a glass. You can add very fine sugar to the tops at this point if desired.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes; remove from oven. Let stand 2-3 minutes; lift off sheet and cool on a wire rack.