Black Forest Dessert
4 Slices Chocolate Pound Cake
2 Tablespoons Kirsch or any Cherry Liqueur
410g Canned Pitted Black Cherries, drained and reserved liquid
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 Teaspoons Cornflour Blended with 1 Tablespoon Water
4 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
100g Chocolate, melted
1/2 Cup Cream
1. Break cake into small pieces, sprinkle with Kirsch and set aside.
2. Place 1/2 cup reserved syrup in a saucepan with White Sugar and cinnamon stick. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat and stir in cornflour mixture. Cook over a medium heat until sauce boils and thickens.
3. Remove pan from heat, discard cinnamon stick, then stir in cherries and set aside.
4. To Make Chocolate Sauce: Combine chocolate and cream in a small bowl and mix well.
5. To assemble, place half the cake into the base of four individual serving glasses. Spoon over half the cherry mixture, then top with remaining cake and cherry mixture. Place a scoop of ice cream on top then pour over chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.