Photo by Julie O’Malley
Berry Frangipane Tarts
75g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
3/4 cup (90g) almond meal
1 Tablespoon (corn) cornflour
150g fresh blueberries and raspberries
1 Tablespoon pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease six 5.5cm x 10.5cm loose-based fluted flan tins; place on oven tray.
- Beat butter, extract and caster sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until combined. Stir in meal and cornflour.
- Spoon mixture into tins; smooth surface, sprinkle with berries.
- Bake tarts about 30 minutes. Stand in tins 10 minutes; turn carefully, top-side up, onto baking-paper-covered wire rack.
- Serve tarts warm or cold, dusted with sifted icing sugar.