Basic Baby Beef Stew (Age: 6 months +)
Basic Baby Beef Stew
Age: 6 months +
1 small potato
1 small carrot
1 small piece pumpkin
3 broccoli or cauliflower florets
homemade beef stock or water, to cover
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
100g minced lean beef
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Peel and cut the potato, carrot and pumpkin into chunks.
2. Place in a saucepan with the broccoli and cover with beef stock.
3. Stir in the tomato paste.
4. Lightly fry the minced beef and garlic in the oil in a non-stick frying pan, over a medium-high heat until the beef is just brown.
5. Add the beef and garlic to the saucepan.
6. Cover and simmer until the vegetable are tender. Add parsley.
7. Put through a mouli or blender.
8. Stir in the grated cheese while still hot.
Any vegetable combinations can be used – try spinach, cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, peas or green beans.
Try adding herbs and flavourings like basil, oregano or paprika.