200g packet of Marie biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted
2 1/2 teaspoons gelatine
1/4 cup (60ml) water
250g cream cheese
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
100g packet of jelly (the flavour of your choice)
1. Blend or process biscuits until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour in butter and blend until combined.
2. Press biscuit mixture evenly over the base of a 20cm x 30cm lamington tin. Refrigerate until required.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over the water. Allow to stand for a couple of minutes to allow the gelatine to absorb the water. Microwave for 30 seconds or until dissolved.
4. Beat cream cheese until smooth in a medium bowl. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and cream. Continue to beat until smooth. Stir in the gelatine mixture and fold through the cream. Pour over the top of the biscuit crumbs. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
5. Make jelly according to packet directions, but using only half the amount of water stated on the packet. Cool to room temperature before pouring over the cream cheese layer. Allow to set completely.
6. Cut into squares and serve.